Crisis Help Related
Information & Resources
Crisis Help Related Information & Resources
We’ve compiled this list below of articles to help visitors looking for information on crisis related issues. If you need additional help, please consider our counseling services. The Maria Droste Counseling Center offers affordable online and in-person counseling options.
*If you are currently experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the Colorado Crisis Center by calling 1-844-493-8255 or texting “TALK” to 38255, or go to your nearest emergency room.*
Managing Stress and Coping with Trauma
- Managing Traumatic Stress: Tips for recovering from Disasters and other traumatic events
- Managing Your Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
- Red Cross: Taking Care of Your Emotional Health After a Disaster
- General Information on PTSD, How to Get Help and How to Help
If you or someone you love is having difficulty coping after a trauma, we also offer counseling services for trauma and PTSD.
Grief and Loss
Helping Children Cope with Tragedy
- Helping Your Children Manage Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Parents Can Do
- Helping Children Cope with Tragedy Related Anxiety
Contact us for additional information.